Viva offers creative consultancy in the aerial arts, providing hands-on expertise to lift your theatre, circus or television production to the next level.
Michele, Viva’s Artistic Director advises on all aspects of aerial performance including choreography, costume and on-stage/set performer support. Aerial technique training towards specific performance goals is provided with past students ranging from local performers to profile celebrities.
“I thank you for your help, patience and generosity.”
Eva Green, Actress
Darren, Viva's Operations Manager liaises with your technical team to provide the right technical package with show rigging design and equipment. All venue H&S paperwork and insurances for aerial tuition, performance and rigging is included as standard.
If you have an original aerial idea or an unusual space with height and structure, we can work with you to develop an artistic and technical performance solution. We are specialists in interpreting scientific concepts for aerial performance and rigging ‘new to aerial’ venues.
“I wanted to say thank you thank you thank you for such a fantastic press event yesterday. It was such a pleasure working with you all and what great results. A quick scan suggests we even won over the hardest, most cynical of science reporters.
More of this kind of thing please!”
Ruth Francis, Head of Press, Nature Publishing Group.
‘New to Aerial’ venues rigged by Viva include:
• Arcelor-Mittal Orbit, Olympic Park, London silks at 114m with extensive H&S.
• Westfield, London Water for Elephants UK movie premiere circus show.
• Bentalls, London using different levels to maximise impact of space and architecture.
• Science Museum press launch illustrating DNA replication. .
• New rail terminal launch for the iconic Felixstowe Docks, performed before UK royalty.
• LM Windpower Summit, Amsterdam fusing silks and stilts to show different energies.
• Royal Opera House The Bartered Bride & Falstaff acrobatic and aerial choreography.
• Glyndebourne Opera trapeze consultancy for production of The Bartered Bride.
• South West Opera Company's Fiddler on the Roof & Phantom of The Opera.
• BAFTA winning BBC1 Armstrong and Miller’s (Series 2).
• BBC1 showing for 4 years with around 40,000 showings.
• SKY1 ‘A League of Their Own’
• The Golden Compass as a flying witch and .
• Sherlock Holmes II with doubles trapeze and acrobatics choreography.
• Batman Begins as a theatrical spinning aerial bat.
for video of Sherlock Holmes II and The Golden Compass movie trailers, TV commercials for Sony PS3, Sunny D and doubling for Kate Moss on trapeze for Rimmel.
Paul Jennings, Stunt Co-ordinator & Director
“Stunt performers of your calibre
are at the heart of our union.”
Matt Hood, Head of Membership, Equity UK
“You have a great knowledge of so many different parts of the gig... it was invaluable to have you there.”
Julian Bracey, Cirque Bijou
“Once again, you pulled it out of the bag despite inevitable obstacles, all dealt with with cheerful enthusiasm and your usual optimism. Thank you all for all you did to make it such an amazing party. Everyone was absolutely delighted and feedback has been amazing.”
Theresa Giffard, Starlight Design.